1. Why is electrical energy preferred over other forms of energy ?
2. Write a short note on the generation of electrical energy.
3. Discuss the different sources of energy available in nature.
5. Establish the following relations :
(i) 1 kWh = 36 x 105 Joules (ii) 1 kWh = 860 kcal
(iii) 1 B.Th.U. = 1053 Joules (iv) 1 C.H.U. = 1896 Joules
6. What do you mean by efficiency of a system ?
7. What are the advantages of liquid fuels over the solid fuels ?
8. What are the advantages of solid fuels over the liquid fuels ?
9. Why do we endeavour to use water power for the generation of electrical energy ?
10. What is the importance of electrical energy ?
11. What are the problems in the use of nuclear energy ?
12. Give one practical example where wind-mill is used,
13. What is the principal source of generation of electrical energy ?