Important Questions of Electrical Energy:
1. Why is electrical energy preferred over other forms of energy ?
2. Write a short note on the generation of electrical energy.
3. Discuss the different sources of energy available in nature.
4. Compare the chief sources of energy used for the generation of electrical energy.
5. Establish the following relations :
(i) 1 kWh = 36 x 105 Joules (ii) 1 kWh = 860 kcal
(iii) 1 B.Th.U. = 1053 Joules (iv) 1 C.H.U. = 1896 Joules
6. What do you mean by efficiency of a system ?
7. What are the advantages of liquid fuels over the solid fuels ?
8. What are the advantages of solid fuels over the liquid fuels ?
9. Why do we endeavour to use water power for the generation of electrical energy ?
10. What is the importance of electrical energy ?
11. What are the problems in the use of nuclear energy ?
12. Give one practical example where wind-mill is used,
13. What is the principal source of generation of electrical energy ?