IMPORTANT QUESTIONS OF DISTRIBUTION SYSTEMS:
1. What do you understand by distribution system ?
2. Draw a single line diagram showing a typical distribution system.
3. Define and explain the terms : feeder, distributor and service mains.
4. Discuss the relative merits and demerits of underground and overhead systems.
5. Explain the following systems of distribution :
(i) Radial system
(ii) Ring main system
(iii) Interconnected system
6. Discuss briefly the design considerations in distribution system.
7. With a neat diagram, explain the complete a.c. system for distribution of electrical energy.
8. Write short notes on the following :
(i) Distribution transformers
(ii) 3-wire d.c. distribution
(iii) Primary distribution
9. Can transmission and distribution systems be distinguished merely by their voltages ? Explain
10. It is suggested that since distribution transformer links the primary and utilization voltage, secondary system is not essential, Is it a feasible proposition ?
11. What are the situations where the cost of underground system becomes comparable to overhead system ?
12. What are the effects of high primary voltage on the distribution system?