IMPORTANT QUESTIONS OF SWITCHGEAR:
1. What do you understand by switchgear ?
2. Discuss the various types of switches.
3. What is the difference between
(i) a switch and circuit breaker
(ii) a fuse and circuit breaker ?
4. Discuss the different types of bus-bar arrangements.
5. Explain the various methods of accommodating high-voltage switchgear.
6. What are the limitations of a fuse ?
7. Why do we use C.T. in the relay circuit ?
8. What is the necessity of bus-bar ?
9. Why do we use isolators on both sides of the circuit breaker ?
10. Why are isolators not opened on load ?
11. Which faults symmetrical or unsymmetrical are more frequent in power system and why ?
12. Suddenly a circuit carries a current 20 times the normal current. Is there possibility of short-circuit or overload ?