Computer Based Data Acquisition System:
Computer Based Data Acquisition System – If a large number of inputs are to be measured, some equipment is needed to measure them and display the results in a meaningful and operationally useful fashion. All this is possible with Data Acquisition System, which utilises a computer driven visual display unit (CRT) as an operator aid.
A screen display can be obtained within two seconds by pressing a button. Information may be displayed only when called up. The screen display can be designed in several ways, using a combination of graphical and numeric displays, so as to be of maximum utility to the operator.
Data Acquisition System aids operate in the following manner.
- Display information instantly in condensed, understandable and legible manner so that it can be easily assimilated.
- Display spatial as well as time variation.
- Display vital parameters grouped together logically and concisely, eliminating the need of looking at many scattered instruments.
- Display CRT graphic displays of plant sub-systems.
- Display short trends on a long and short term basis, as required.
- Analyse the data and present the highest priority problem first, and display operator guidance messages.
- Analyse the data and present the derived data; do performance calculations to depict the performance of several equipments and plants.
- Display alarms, indicating abnormal plant operating conditions on the
- Provide trending of analog variables on strip chart recorders, in the form of a histogram on the CRT, and provide dynamic updating of parameters.
- Produce a hard copy record of all plant operating events and various plant
- Provide a recording of the sequence of events, whenever an emergency occurs.