1. What is a 3-Φ unsymmetrical fault ? Discuss the different types of unsymmetrical faults that can occur on
a 3-Φ system.
2. Discuss the ‘symmetrical components method’ to analyse an unbalanced 3-Φ system.
3. Express unbalanced phase currents in a 3-Φ system in terms of symmetrical components.
5. Derive an expression for fault current for single line-to-ground fault by symmetrical components method.
6. Derive an expression for fault current for line-to-line fault by symmetrical components method.
8. What do you understand by sequence networks ? What is their importance in unsymmetrical fault calculations ?
9. Write short notes on the following :
(i) Positive sequence network
(ii) Negative sequence network
(iii) Zero sequence network
11. In a 3-Φ system, it has been found that negative sequence components and zero sequence components are What do you conclude from it ?
12. Do the sequence components physically exist in a 3-Φ system ?
13. Why do we prefer to analyse unsymmetrical faults by symmetrical components method ?
14. The positive sequence network of a power system is similar to the negative sequence network. What do you infer from it ?