IMPORTANT QUESTIONS OF SUB STATIONS:
1. What is a sub-station ? Name the factors that should be taken care of while designing and erecting a substation.
2. Discuss the different ways of classifying the sub-stations.
3. Give the comparison of outdoor and indoor sub-stations.
4. What is a transformer sub-station ? What are the different types of transformer sub-stations ? Illustrate your answer with a suitable block diagram.
5. Draw the layout and schematic connection of a pole-mounted sub-station.
6. Draw the layout of a typical underground sub-station.
7. Write a short note on the sub-station equipment.
8. What are the different types of bus-bar arrangements used in sub-stations ? Illustrate your answer with suitable diagrams.
9. What are terminal and through sub-stations ? What is their purpose in the power system ?
10. Draw the key diagram of a typical 66/11 kV sub-station.
11. Draw the key diagram of a typical 11 kV/400 V indoor sub-station.
12. What is the need of a sub-station in the power system ?
13. Why are pole-mounted sub-stations very popular ?
14.Where we erect a terminal sub-station ?
15. Why do we use isolators on both sides of circuit breaker ?
16. What is the utility of instrument transformers in sub-stations ?