IMPORTANT QUESTIONS OF DC DISTRIBUTION:
1. Describe briefly the different types of d.c. distributors.
2. What are die advantages of a doubly fed distributor over singly fed distributor ?
3.Derive an expression for the voltage drop for a uniformly loaded distributor fed at one end.
4. What the purpose of inter-connector in a d.c. ring main distributor ?
5. Explain 3-wire d.c. system of distribution of electrical power.
6. What are the advantages of 3-wire distribution over 2-wire distribution ?
7. Show with a neat diagram how unbalanced loads in a 3-wire d.c. system cause unequal voltages on the two sides of the neutral.
8. Explain the use of rotary, balancer in a 3-wire d.c. distribution system.
9. What is a booster ? With a neat diagram, explain how it can be used on a feeder.
10. Write short notes on the following
(i) Ring main distributor
(ii) Current distribution in a 3-wire d.c. system
11. What is the importance of minimum potential on the distributor ?
12. Why is 3-wire d.c. distribution preferred to 2-wire d.c. distribution ?
13. Which points of d.c. ring main should be connected through interconnector ?
14. Can we use compound generator as a booster ?
15. Why do we use a balancer set ?
16. Can exact balance of voltages to obtained with a balancer set?