Power Electronics Important Questions and Answers:
1. Define ” Turn off time” of SCR.
Turn off time of SCR composed of three intervals delay time tdf, initial fall time tf1, and final fall time tf2
toff = tdf + tf1 + tf2
2. What is meant by line commutated inverter?
Phase Controlled converters when operated in the inverter mode, are called line commutated inverter.
3. What are the advantages of SMPS over factors controlled rectifiers?
- Small size and less weight
- High Efficiency
- Less sensitive to input voltage variations.