Communication Engineering Important Questions and Answers:
1. Define quantization error.
The difference between the instantaneous value of the quantized signal and input signal is called quantization error,
ε = Xq (t) – X (t)
2. What is information rate?
If the source of the message generates ′γ′ number of messages per second then the information rate is given by,
R = γ x H
- γ = number of message/sec.
- H = Average information/message
- R = Average information per second expressed in bits/sec.
3. What are the essential components of a satellite systems?
- Transmitting Earth Station.
- Dish Antenna
- Parabolic Antenna
- Receiving Earth station